By Pastor Kent Mattox
We recently spent some time in the mountains with a team from Alabama to hear from the Lord and gain new strategies for the future. It was such a powerful gathering! The Lord really blew us away with some incredible revelation regarding true worship and the times we are living in.
As we step into the Hebraic month of Tammuz when great wars over worship took place in ancient history and the Israelites fell into the trap of developing a golden calf, it is SO important to review how we see the Father and how we respond to Him in worship.
Here are a few power-packed points we received during our time together:
- When you’re developing what you are doing and the glory begins to manifest, don’t let it distract you from your course.
- The minstrels that the Lord is raising up are those who will wait upon Him in fellowship, worship and presence.
- Resting in the Lord is not stressing in the Lord. We must learn how to take it easy and trust in Him.
- When we resist God’s Spirit repeatedly and push back against His refreshing, it becomes destructive to our lives. We have to awaken and respond to Him when He pours Himself out.
- It is the shiny things and the busy things that will tempt you to take your focus off of the Lord.
- If you don’t download, unload and reconcile in this season, then you are running a high risk.
- We must honor the Lord by being willing to lay down everything to go where He tells us and to wait on Him to receive what we need.
- The Lord is growing us up in His Word and developing in us a greater understanding than we’ve ever had before if we will be willing to sacrifice our opinions and listen to Him.
- The issue is not our confession of Christ, it’s the denial of His way in favor of our own. Too frequently, we pray our own opinions and not the will of God.
- Some of the things we face in our culture today are a direct result of our denial of Christ. We must know Jesus personally and the images we have of ourselves must be consumed in His presence in order to come into this place of intimacy and reality with Him.
- Not only is it important to lay down our own opinions in this hour, but also to lay down our desire to control the opinions of others. We can’t enter into the Holy place while wanting to control other people.
May these life-changing revelations bring you into a place of awakening, refreshing and clarity of vision in the power of God’s Spirit as you meditate on them this month!